17th Biennial Conference
"Transforming Hawaii’s Aging Future: Innovate, Integrate, & Invigorate"
September 10-11, 2012
Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort and Spa, Tapa Tower
This year the Hawaii Pacific Gerontological Society (HPGS) is collaborating with the Pacific Islands Geriatric Education Center and the Hawaii Medical Directors Association to feature a special long-term care segment.
The keynote speakers for the two-day conference are local-born Dr. Jeanette Takamura, former Assistant Secretary on Aging at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and current Dean of Columbia University’s School of Social Work, and Dr. Patricia Blanchette, renowned geriatrician and professor at the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.
The 2012 Conference will provide a forum to discuss ideas and exchange knowledge to help make Hawaii a better place to grow old. The conference is organized along three main topics:
Innovation: innovative programs and technologies that have improved the quality of life of older adults;
Integration: the successes and challenges of integrating services within and/or across health and social sectors; and
Invigoration: policies, research, and practices that energize and empower our community to meet social, health, and economic challenges an aging population brings.
The HPGS Conference is intended for elder care practitioners in the health and human service fields; businesses, government agencies, non-profits and faith-based organizations serving older adults; applied researchers; students; and advocates.
- Currently seeking exhibitors. Exhibitor application deadline is June 29, 2012.
- Registration will be available in June 2012.
- Please visit the HPGS website, www.hpgs.org, for the latest conference information.
For conference questions, please contact Shannon Miyazaki, Conference Chair, at 808-833-8880 or email@example.com.
HPGS is grateful for the opportunity to work with its business partners who can support this important conference. To help defray the conference expenses, HPGS is seeking corporate sponsors that will cover program printing, workshop breakout rooms, audio equipment rental, and refreshment costs. While any amount of financial assistance is appreciated, HPGS has established three levels of corporate sponsorships which will be acknowledged in the following manner:
Gold Sponsor (donation of $6,000 and more):
- Donor’s banner to be placed at the conference. Donor provides own banner.
- Donor’s display poster to be placed at the conference. Donor provides own poster.
- Gold Corporate Sponsor acknowledgement in program
- 6 conference guest tickets and validated parking at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Exhibitor’s table, with parking validation and 2 complimentary lunches for exhibit representatives and 1 full size page advertisement space in the conference program.*
Silver Sponsor (donation of $3,000-$5,999):
- Donor’s display poster to be placed at the conference site.
- Silver Corporate Sponsor acknowledgement in program
- 3 conference guest tickets and validated parking at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Exhibitor’s table, with parking validation and 1 complimentary lunch for exhibit representatives and ½ of a full size page advertisement space in the conference program.*
Bronze Sponsor (donation of $1,000 - $2,999):
- Donor’s display poster to be placed at the conference.
- Bronze Corporate Sponsor acknowledgement in program
- 1 conference guest ticket and validated parking at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Exhibitor’s table, with parking validation only (lunch is available for exhibit representatives for purchase) and 1 business card size page advertisement space in the conference program.*
Exhibitor Notice & Application Form
HPGS is seeking exhibitors for its upcoming 17th Biennial Conference on September 10-11, 2012, at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort and Spa, Tapa Tower. Exhibit areas are scheduled for September 11, 2012, the second day of the conference. The conference theme is "Transforming Hawaii’s Aging Future: Innovate, Integrate, & Invigorate."
For this year’s conference, HPGS is collaborating with the Pacific Islands Geriatric Education Center (PIGEC) and the Hawaii Medical Directors Association (HMDA), who will host a long-term care segment. The PIGEC has been training Hawaii’s health professionals since its establishment in 1987. The HMDA is a professional association of medical directors and attending physicians practicing in the long-term care continuum in the State of Hawaii.
Hotel Reservations: Conference Rate at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
This link allows conference attendees to access the Hilton reservation system and make reservations under our conference block (i.e., the reduced rate).